We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support Peloton’s Corporate Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for a variety of operating expenses. This candidate will challenge the status quo in order to develop and implement best practices within our accounting and financial reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including daily interaction with internal business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems.
- Prepare and Review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, Legal, and Strategy.
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 3-5 years of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with various systems, including but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, Concur, and BlackLine
- Experience supervising one or more staff for 1+ years strongly preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.