Senior Accountant (Corporate Accounting) at Peloton
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support Peloton’s Corporate Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for a variety of operating expenses. This candidate will challenge the status quo in order to develop and implement best practices within our accounting and financial reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including daily interaction with internal business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems.
- Prepare and Review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, Legal, and Strategy.
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 3-5 years of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with various systems, including but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, Concur, and BlackLine
- Experience supervising one or more staff for 1+ years strongly preferred
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.