Senior Accountant (IT, Software, R&D) at Peloton
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support Peloton’s Corporate Accounting Team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for our IT, software, and R&D expenses. This candidate will also contribute to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other accounting tools. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Ownership over month-end close activities and account reconciliations for the IT & Software area, including prepaids, accruals, and SaaS agreement contract review.
- Assist in the review of our R&D expenses and account reconciliations performed by a Staff Accountant.
- Experience leading a person (or team of people) responsible for performing work that is aligned to the team’s direct goals and are a component of the broader team output.
- Support Manager by providing direction, helping with assignment of work, checking in on overall area progress. Ensure work is completed consistently, accurately, and on-time.
- Prepare analytics & business reporting packages over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
- Partnering with and supporting business partners including but not limited to SEC & Technical Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Accounts Payable, IT, and R&D on specific aspects of our business.
- Assist with the test work leading up to the implementation of a new SAP ERP system.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Review relevant expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and expense recognition.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or SEC registered company
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets and comfortable with creating end to end automation of business processes
- Experience working with various systems and tools, including but not limited to SAP, Coupa, Blackline, and Alteryx preferred
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Experience supervising staff a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.