We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support Peloton’s Music Accounting Team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for our music royalty expenses. This candidate is searching for first-hand experience in our music business & music reporting process, technical accounting as well as data and manual excel modeling. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools who is excited by the opportunity to help scale our growing music accounting process. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas (including accruals and reserves), including daily interaction with internal business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned areas across all relevant systems
- Partnering & Supporting Business Partners including but not limited to SEC & Technical Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Data Science, Strategy and Legal Teams on specific aspects of our music business
- Prepare and Review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analytics & business reporting packages over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system and automation of music close and music reporting.
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting Theory and Application of U.S. GAAP
- 3-5 years of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in SaaS, Media or Music Industries highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Extremely Detail Oriented and Strong Organizational Skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets and comfortable with creating end to end automation of business processes
- Experience working with various systems, including but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Coupa, Looker and Blackline
- Experience supervising staff a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.