We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of various Revenue focused workstreams and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Ownership of revenue accounting close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners and external auditors.
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform technical accounting research and assist in the creation of supporting documentation when new revenue streams arise, and as new areas of the business are formed
- Continually develop, expand, and improve month-end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation and communication of revenue analytics and companywide KPI’s
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal and external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching or benchmarking best practices inside and outside of the company
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal and Supply Chain
- Be a key member of the accounting team by assisting with other responsibilities, including participation in special projects, ERP implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP; experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 is a plus
- Experience working in a complex ERP system; systems implementation experience is preferred (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets.
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.