We're looking for a Senior Accountant, Revenues to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work closely with the Revenue Manager, other members of the Accounting team, as well as cross-functionally, to ensure Flatiron’s revenue recognition policies, procedures, and reporting are in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. You should also be familiar with billing and collection practices. You'll also:
- Review customer contracts for revenue recognition to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP, primarily ASC 606 and IFRS 15. This includes creating billing and revenue schedules at the inception of the contract and continually maintaining revenue recognition, deferred revenue, unbilled accounts receivables and sales commission related accounts
- Research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues, as necessary
- Own the month-end close for revenue accounts in Netsuite, Flatiron’s ERP system, including preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and roll-forwards, as well as assist with on-going enhancements to our close process
- Prepare financial analyses and memos (i.e. annual fair value analyses of all product offerings, ad-hoc analyses to support business decisions, documentation of revenue policies)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (sales operations, FP&A, business development, legal, account management, sales) to improve existing processes and support business needs
- Work closely with external auditors to support our annual financial statement audits, as applicable
Who You Are
You're a resourceful Accountant with 2-3 years of experience in Big Four or national public accounting firms OR 3+ years of combined experience in public accounting and industry. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have strong analytical skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
- You have proficiency with technical research and takes initiative to determine accounting impact
- You have experience in the application of ASC 606 or IFRS 15
- You have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce
- Advanced technical knowledge related to licensing/SaaS revenue recognition
- You are a CPA or on-track to be a CPA
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.