Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a highly motivated candidate for a Senior Accountant position with a positive attitude to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. As part of the larger finance organization, this role will assist the leaders of the SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting function in providing the quarterly and annual financial reporting for the company. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated leader and team player who excels at meeting deadlines and prioritizing multiple commitments. Also required is a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, external reporting processes and internal controls in a public company environment. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their SEC reporting, technical accounting, and process knowledge skills while working with leaders in a growing company.
- Support quarterly and annual financial reporting and contribute to the preparation of SEC filings, including the drafting and ownership of certain notes and MD&A disclosures
- Ownership of supporting workpaper documentation including hard-copy binders and electronic support in an organized and controlled manner
- Project manage schedules of requests across multiple internal/external teams
- Assist in researching and drafting technical position memos related to complex accounting topics for new, unusual or non-standard transactions
- Assist in updating and maintaining internal policy documentation for the company
- Participate in process improvement projects enhancing accounting processes and systems and related internal controls
- Work effectively with internal and external parties including revenue and general accounting, FP&A, legal, investor relations, internal and external audit.
- Support audit and SOX requirements
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc technical accounting requests, and other tasks and value-add projects as assigned
- Understand the underlying business and processes of the organization
- Stay current with emerging and newly released SEC regulations and thought leadership
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of accounting experience with Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm and/or SEC registrant
- Strong working knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Excellent project management skills and ability to execute and own to resolution
- Commitment to process improvements and the ability to think outside the box
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, adept at building relationships across the organization
- High degree of dedication and ownership and a strong individual initiative
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk and Microsoft Office
- CPA designation (or in process)
- Experience with SEC reporting through public accounting and/or SEC registrant
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.