Senior Accountant, Stock Compensation at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As our Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting aspects of payroll and equity compensation related to Rent the Runway’s equity plan. You will be a member of the fast growing accounting team and will work closely with Legal and HR colleagues. In light of COVID-19, you will work remotely until Rent the Runway’s NYC headquarters reopen in September 2021.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for all accounting aspects of RTR payroll and equity plan, focusing on reconciliations, accuracy and timeliness
- Perform all monthly duties related to payroll and stock-based compensation accounting, including monthly journal entries and reconciliations of cash and accrual accounts between payroll and accounting systems
- Learn payroll and stock administration systems to be able to run monthly/quarterly reports and supporting schedules, as required for month-end reconciliations and quarterly disclosures
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, share count, cap table and other items on ongoing basis between accounting and HR/ Legal records
- Prepare equity roll forward and stock compensation disclosure schedules
- Assist the tax team with required reports for quarterly/annual provision and tax returns
- Assist in enhancing and documenting equity-related procedures, policies, and controls
- Support external audits by providing supporting records and documentation
- Assist with system integrations, as applicable
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities, as the role advances
- Participate in many ad hoc projects, as required
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 4+ years of experience
- Big 4 or public accounting experience is highly preferred
- You have experience working with or auditing payroll and stock-based compensation areas
- You have a good understanding of US GAAP, specifically as it relates to stock-based compensation accounting
- You have experience working with ERP systems - Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- Experience working with any equity compensation system is highly preferred
- You are a team player, willing to roll-up your sleeves and get involved, no matter how small the task
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented individual with a strong sense of ownership
- You have very strong Excel skills and are comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.