Senior Accountant at Ribbon (Remote)
Who are we?
At Ribbon, we believe homeownership should be made achievable for all. As a first of it's kind homeownership company, Ribbon empowers everyday home buyers and sellers to compete for their future home on a level the playing field with high-net-worth individuals and Wall Street investors – and we support agents, brokerages, and lenders create confidence and certainty for clients through powerful financial products and digital workflow software.
Making homeownership achievable is at the heart of all we do - and we live out that purpose every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.Your team:
Ribbon’s Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We're seeking a driven and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to play an integral role in our growing organization. In this role, you will be a key contributor in building and managing an efficient end-to-end accounting process, including monthly close, external audit, financial reporting and systems implementations. We’re looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.How you'll make homeownership achievable:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, financial reporting requirements, and external audits
- Lead full cycle general ledger process to ensure complete and accurate financials, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and flux analysis
- Drive process improvement and system implementation efforts to streamline operations and improve the quality of the close process and internal controls
- Act as a strong business partner to establish and instill best practices across the organization
- Lead payroll operations and build a scalable sales commission infrastructure
- Manage audit, tax, and valuation engagements with third party firms
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience plus industry experience is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong project management and process design skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Experience working in Real Estate
- Fintech and/or startup experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we embrace our differences and thrive off of the creativity they produce. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diverse communities that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.