Senior Accountant at Casper
Casper is searching for an experienced Senior Accountant who will be responsible for helping to prepare financial statements, closing the books, account reconciliations, and many other ad hoc projects.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements, inclusive of internal management reporting and required SEC reporting
- Execute financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations and analytics
- Oversee other accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables, including providing improvements on the accounting close process
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to audit inquiries and PBC lists
- Assist in month end close (i.e. accruals, prepare workpapers for schedules for monthly reconciliations)
- Assist in the tracking and recording of the company’s equity transactions and related accounting
- Prepare monthly journal entries and maintain workbooks for various areas including: Stock based compensation, EPS, Intercompany transactions, Impairment and going concern
- Maintain documentation on the companies accounting policies, best practices, SOP’s and other technical accounting memos
- Assist in the companies SOX compliance and related audits, documentation, and requirements
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
- Work cross functionally with technical accounting, Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in a similar environment
- A mix of public and private experience
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial control (SOX) and GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Exposure to large JDE
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, and virtual programs like apps for meditation and mindfulness.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!