Senior Accountant at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to help write the next chapter of our growth story. The Senior Accountant is a key position for our team and will bring fresh ideas and effective tools to help us scale efficiently and maximize our potential. In addition to completing regular transactional and record keeping tasks, performing reconciliations, and supporting the periodic financial reporting processes, you will also work with our external partners around the world to fulfill various filing and reporting obligations and facilitate our global financial operations.
Forward-thinking and ambitious, the Senior Accountant will constantly seek ways for OwnBackup to optimize core accounting and finance processes in support of the continued rapid growth and expansion of the business. Most importantly, we believe culture is as important as results. An effective Senior Accountant will rely on strong interpersonal skills to get things done throughout the organization, while setting an example for fellow OwnBackupers. This position will report to the Controller.Responsibilities:
- Own and improve upon accounting, reporting, and financial operations and processes
- Record cash disbursements and receipts, prepare accrual entries, and reconcile general ledger account balance
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts, as well as intercompany transactions
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Assist with preparation of year end audit, work closely with the audit team to provide accurate supporting schedules
- Work closely with local tax accountants for timely VAT and other tax filings
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reporting package, and prepare monthly work papers for the monthly/quarterly/annual close
- Assist in improving, developing, and documenting accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Ad hoc accounting projects as needed
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or relevant field
- At least four years of relevant accounting experience, at least two of which was at an operating company, ideally working on a variety of related tasks and projects with increasing responsibility
- Understanding of GAAP and overall accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail under tight deadlines, while also driving toward clarity, efficiency, and results
- Demonstrated bias for ownership and action
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.