Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant will be a part of Cityblock’s first in-house accounting team and will play an essential role not only in ensuring that there is financial accuracy, documentation and analysis associated with our monthly/ yearly procedures, but also in building out our financial infrastructure. This is a cross-functional role in nature that will partner closely with many departments across the business to assist in improving our processes for our customers (ex. The larger business).
Some of the departments that you will mainly interact with are Finance, People, Technology, and Operations.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of experience as an accountant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration preferred
- Experience working in a complex, multiple-entity business structure
- Netsuite (preferred) or equivalent ERP experience
- Concur/ Expensify or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- System implementation experience preferred
How We Define Success:
- You operate as a key contributor for month end close and associated analysis
- You’re successful at creating and manage all non-payroll accruals and prepaids
- You assist with revenue recognition
- You’ll manage Deferred Revenue, and maintain fixed asset and depreciation records
- Assist with analysis and coding of funds Flow from multiple sources
- Assist with various Accounting system Implementations
- You partner well with leaders in the organization to implement new policies/procedures
- Successfully manage deferred rent and associated schedules by partnering with the Real Estate Department
- You’ll own coding & managing capital leases, including creating schedules based on contracts
- Successfully Investigate any unresolved accounting issues
- You’ll assist with Audit/Tax requests
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Start-up Experience
- CPA Preferred but not required
- Customer-service mindset
- Independent contributor
- Natural leader but as humble as a student
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.