Senior Accountant at HUMAN
At HUMAN, we are all about knowing who’s real. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated person with passion for accounting and data to join our growing accounting operations team. We are looking for someone with a growth mentality, who is highly data-driven and attentive to details. As a Senior Accountant, you will be performing accounting tasks in collaboration with internal departments, working on all aspects of the general ledger and month-end close process. You will be a right hand to the Director of Accounting, ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to see the full accounting cycle and gain knowledge in revenue recognition, expense side reporting, month-end close, and overall accounting operations!What you will do:
- Assist in month-end and year-end financial close activities and analysis.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of the general ledger accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review accruals, deferrals, prepaids, allocation, and adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare expenditure analysis; understanding variances and explaining trends.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting schedules.
- Assist with the global payroll processing and reconciliation.
- Provide support with annual financial audits, external/internal statutory and regulatory audits.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects and management reporting.
- Drive process improvement to streamline operations and month-end close processes.
- Act as a strong business partner to promote and enhance compliance of internal controls and best practices across the organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other department groups.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting (required).
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with Sage Intacct or a cloud-based ERP is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Superior attention to detail, and exceptional analytical skills.
- Self-motivated professional with a strong desire to succeed in the field of accounting & finance.
- Highly organized, independent individual with proven time-management skills.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.