Senior Accountant at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is a digital platform empowering everyday Americans to achieve the dream of greater financial freedom. Our products and tools make saving and investing accessible, affordable and simplified, in order to help our users build and grow generational wealth. We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Senior Accountant who will join our accounting team and participate in our monthly close processes. Reporting into the Senior Manager in Accounting, this hire will play a key role in ensuring our accounting records are accurate, contributing to Stash’s long-term growth.
What you'll do:
- Lead certain month-end close processes and ensure proper accounting for transactions and timely reconciliations and reporting
- Develop and enhance accounting procedures and internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist with cash management and related analysis
- Manage accounting reconciliations for certain subsidiaries
- Evaluate accounting and financial processes end-to-end to implement enhancements, improve automation, and design controls
- Assist with year-end audit procedures and respond to audit requests and inquiries
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects and strategic initiatives, as needed
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Big 4 public accounting and experience and an appropriate certification in accounting, such as a CPA or CA is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm to collaborate cross-functionally and influence change and accounting enhancements
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.