At HUMAN, we are all about keeping it human. We are a cybersecurity company that protects enterprises from bot attacks to keep digital experiences human. We have the most advanced Human Verification Engine that protects applications, APIs, and digital media from bot attacks, preventing losses and improving the digital experience for real humans. Today, we verify the humanity of more than 10 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest enterprises and platforms across the internet.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Human Verification Engine protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated person with passion for accounting and data to join our growing accounting operations team. We are looking for someone with a growth mentality, who is highly data-driven and attentive to details. As a Senior Accountant, you will be performing accounting tasks in collaboration with internal departments, working on all aspects of the general ledger and month-end close process. You will be a right hand to the Director of Accounting, ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to see the full accounting cycle and gain knowledge in revenue recognition, expense side reporting, month-end close, and overall accounting operations!
What you will do:
- Assist in month-end and year-end financial close activities and analysis.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of the general ledger accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review accruals, deferrals, prepaids, allocation, and adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare expenditure analysis; understanding variances and explaining trends.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting schedules.
- Assist with the global payroll processing and reconciliation.
- Provide support with annual financial audits, external/internal statutory and regulatory audits.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects and management reporting.
- Drive process improvement to streamline operations and month-end close processes.
- Act as a strong business partner to promote and enhance compliance of internal controls and best practices across the organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other department groups.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting (required).
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with Sage Intacct or a cloud-based ERP is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Superior attention to detail, and exceptional analytical skills.
- Self-motivated professional with a strong desire to succeed in the field of accounting & finance.
- Highly organized, independent individual with proven time-management skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Annual WFH budget
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Life at HUMAN:
Our HQ office is located in NYC, but we have HUMANs all over the world. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, work/life harmony, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We have offices located in NYC, Virginia, Victoria, and London, and remote HUMANs in cities around the globe.
We work with most of the largest platforms and enterprises on the planet. We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission. We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and, creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of HUMANs have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.