Do you want to be part of a team that counts? Great! Welcome to the Updater Finance Department.
Are you excited to use your accounting expertise to impact a rapidly growing business? Does shaping the future of a growing accounting and finance department sound like your next move? If so, we want you on our team! We are a publicly listed (UPD:ASX) technology startup headquartered out of Union Square solving a problem that everyone will deal with in his or her lifetime - the stress of moving!
Reporting to the Controller, you will be contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions including our monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirement. You will also be a key contributor for day-to-day accounting operations while thinking big picture on how to make Updater’s finance function even better than it is today.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own the monthly close process preparation - booking general ledger entries, preparing general ledger account and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain supporting workpapers for each general ledger account.
- Assist in preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements.
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures to enhance various workflows and internal controls within the Company.
- Act as a backup for critical roles and responsibilities, including AR and AP.
- Assist/point of contact for quarterly reviews and financial statement YE audit.
- Additional responsibilities and analysis for special projects as needed.
Who You Are
- You have a Get Stuff Done attitude. You are dependable and you have incredible ownership and follow-through. You are a fast learner and who works efficiently and effectively.
- You are an amazing communicator. You know how to work with multiple stakeholders and see this as an opportunity to perfect your already amazing interpersonal skills.
- You thrive in working in a fast paced environment. Working on multiple projects simultaneously, your reaction is ‘Bring it on’!
- You are insanely detail oriented - You consider yourself a perfectionist who never lets anything slip through the cracks. You have systems to keep yourself and the work you do organized.
- You are a team player! This one is pretty self-explanatory. :)
What We Expect From You
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Accounting. CPA license, or working towards one, preferred.
- 2-5 years professional accounting experience with a top public accounting firm or mid-to-large size company.
- Strong accounting and US GAAP knowledge.
- Strong excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Intacct, etc) a plus.
- Familiarity with tech industry also a plus.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater's real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.