Beeswax is hiring a Senior Accountant to manage our books and help us grow our business. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will be the key owner of day-to-day accounting operations while thinking big picture about how accounting and finance will influence and scale with exponential growth.
You will be primarily responsible for maintaining the General Ledger, making sure our books are closed quickly and accurately each month with associated reconciliations. A key focus of your role will be to provide financial reports to the executive team on a weekly and monthly basis and to help our business units track their P&Ls and budgets so that they can make business decisions based on accurate financial information. You should be familiar with GAAP, particularly as it relates to tech-related issues such as cost of sales, allocations, subscription-based and bundled revenues, and you should be comfortable with challenges associated with the finances of a rapidly growing startup business.
In addition to running the day-to-day, you’ll be involved in regular ad hoc projects such as developing and implementing SOPs, reviewing contracts for ASC 606 adherence, supporting our annual audit, assist in researching and implementing various accounting systems (ERP, CPM, T&E, AR, AP, etc.). You will work cross-functionally with sales and operations frequently on these projects.
We're looking for someone who is a bit of a perfectionist and very professional. There is plenty of room for professional growth -- you’ll be Beeswax Finance team member #2! As such, you should be a clear communicator and know not just how to calculate numbers, but how to draw insight from them and identify when escalation is required.
- Complete day-to-day finance activities, including bank reconciliations, AP & AR.
- Manage the month-end close process, including preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, fluctuation analysis and management reporting.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and documentation of policies and procedures.
- Research technical accounting issues and serve as resident expert on revenue recognition.
- Work closely with external auditors.
- Complete other projects and tasks, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Accounting. CPA license, or working towards one, preferred.
- 2-5 years professional accounting experience with a top public accounting firm or mid-to-large size SaaS or Ad-tech company.
- Strong accounting and US GAAP knowledge.
- Strong excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Intacct, etc) a plus.
- Familiarity with tech industry / international accounting also a plus
Beeswax, named one of Business Insider’s “hottest pre-IPO startups” is hiring top engineering talent for it's growing New York office. Beeswax is a high scale, high availability advertising platform built by executives from Google and funded by leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group.
The Beeswax team is a top-notch group with backgrounds from Google, Facebook, Amazon, and other premier technical teams. Because advertising is extremely high scale (millions of transactions per second) and low latency, the opportunity to learn about web-scale distributed systems and hard scaling problems is a great advantage of our engineering culture and work. We aim to offer the most extensible and transparent advertising system, servicing technology enabled clients and executing and processing billions of events every day.