We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Accounting & Finance department during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. The ideal candidate will be a natural numbers wizard with a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP. You are a demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Own and be responsible for the timely and accurate performance of monthly account reconciliations for revenue related areas
- Prepare monthly revenue analytics and explain trends/fluxes
- Identify and troubleshoot issues related to revenue recognition within the ERP
- Perform technical accounting research and assist in the creation of supporting documentation when new revenue streams arise and as new areas of the business are formed
- Continually develop, expand, and improve month-end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities
- Support the year-end financial statement audit
- Be a key member of the accounting team by assisting with other responsibilities, including participation in special projects, ERP implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting; CPA highly preferred
- 4+ years of experience; mix of Big Four and industry experience highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research, simplify, and resolve complex issues
- Extremely strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Self-starter who possesses a sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Driven, confident individual who is comfortable working independently while actively seeking guidance when necessary
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies, retail, consumer products, and/or media is a plus
- Experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 is a plus
- Experience with Netsuite (ERP) is a plus
- Experience in a high-growth organization is a plus
- Experience working with SQL is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.