The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Accountant role with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes and initiating process improvements by leveraging emerging technology to build a leading finance function. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, internal control, data analysis, systems and can succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company and have exposure across divisions and with senior leaders at Yext. The candidate will be encouraged to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close and work on various projects leveraging data and analytical skills to drive better company performance.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Perform data analysis by account and business process using BI tools to provide business insights
- Evaluate legacy systems and implement new systems to automate transaction processing and routine tasks
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners, including senior management
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects to increase efficiencies and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Support audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Serve as a strategic and trusted finance partner to various functions of the business by automating processes and providing visibility into KPIs
- Work cross functionally on strategic company projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Support leadership in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, a related field, or similar college level education
- 4+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- CPA designation
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite, Blackline and/or Looker
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.