NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our fast growing company. The Senior Accountant will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance team. This role will be primarily be responsible for managing all aspects of billing and various aspects of the accounts payable and the month-end close process.
- Perform detailed review of new and existing customer contract billing terms
- Process and code customer billing to generate invoices based on predefined criteria
- Respond and resolve all customer and internal stakeholder inquiries in a timely manner
- Process adjustments, credit memos and write-offs as needed.
- Cross collaborate with sales and customer success teams to resolve customer inquiries and disputes.
- Perform collection duties and strive to improve days sales outstanding metric.
- Assist with month-end close process for revenues, accounts receivable and deferred revenue and ensure compliance with ASC 606
- Process and review vendor bills as needed to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment.
- Manage the purchase order process and match vendors bills to purchase orders, ensuring accuracy and proper levels of approval
- Resolve all vendor billing inquiries
- Identify month-end expense accruals and perform expense analytical review procedures
- Manage accounting schedules and reconciliations as part of the month-end close process
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Analytical prowess, strategic thinking and detail-oriented
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
Nice to have:
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience working with Accounting software (Quickbooks Online, Intacct, Netsuite)
- Experience working with revenue software
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.