Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. Some of the world's largest brands such as JP Morgan Chase, Salesforce, AT&T, and Deloitte trust us to help them own their voice online, and we allow their customers to own theirs as well. This transparency and empowerment helps these communications become truly worthwhile for both creators and audiences. For more on Knotch's products, visit our website.
Our Stellar Team
- Best Places To Work: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Small Companies to Work For: Built In NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Best Places to Work: Inc. (2019, 2018)
Hiring During COVID-19
As we navigate this global health crisis, employers and job seekers have both faced a difficult hiring market. As COVID-19 continues to affect the global economy, we still believe that Knotch is in a strong position, and we are committed to continue hiring essential positions. If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn. Here’s what else we’re doing in this time:
- As a product, we continue to monitor brands’ COVID-19 and crisis communications for free.
- As a brand, we continue to share our market content and compile public industry reports.
- As a company, we adjusted our benefits to be inclusive of our employees.
The Band of Misfits
Our Co-Founder and CEO, Anda Gansca, often refers to Knotch as a “band of misfits.” Throughout history, it's misfits that have ignited change, turned conversation into action, and dismantled accepted concepts of "fitting in." Whether it was Elizabeth Cady Staton leading the Suffrage Movement; Oliver Brown fighting the US government to allow his daughter, Linda Carol Brown, to go to integrated school; or Sylvia Rivera and Marsha P. Johnson rioting police brutality against the LGBTQ+ community and throwing the first bricks at Stonewall — those bold enough to challenge systemic norms are the ones that create a better, more inclusive future for all of us.
At Knotch, we aim to celebrate diverse voices and foster belonging and inclusion across all teams and functions. We acknowledge that, similar to many in the tech space, we have more work to do when it comes to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We are committed to hiring more Black talent, fostering belonging amongst our represented communities through ERGs and committees, and frequently educating and training our staff on anti-bias, anti-harassment, and anti-racism. Like the misfits before us, we are committed to turning conversation into action and redefining what it means to “fit in.”
We at Knotch are breaking the mold, by empowering brands and consumers to own their voice online. Internally, we are empowering employees to own their voice in the workplace. Diverse perspectives and experiences are necessary if we aim to fully realize our core value of Inclusiveness. We are committed to putting in the work to make that core value more of a reality every day.
The Senior Accountant Role
As Knotch’s first accounting hire, you will be looked to build out the entire accounting function. You’ll be trusted to implement processes & systems and over time will help build out our accounting team as we continue to grow. Your attention to detail and self-starter mentality are key traits that help you identify areas of weakness in our reporting and create workflows that will help Knotch scale as a company. You will work closely with and report directly to our VP of Finance.
How you’ll add value at Knotch:
- Own day-to-day accounting operations including full-cycle AP/AR and employee expense reports
- Drive month-end close, including revenue recognition, preparation of journal entries, and reconciliations for all accounts
- Assist in completing the monthly financial statement package
- Streamline workflow to increase efficiencies and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Help prepare and facilitate the company’s first financial statement audit
- Work closely with leadership on ad-hoc financial analyses, models, and projects
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Have professional experience in accounting
- Seek to build and own processes in an exciting, ever-changing, start-up environment
- Exude in-depth knowledge of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Come with a team-player attitude and naturally work across teams on shared goals
We also appreciate (but don’t require):
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Netsuite (ERP) or similar applications
- Candidates with CPA certification or a degree in Accounting
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer.
We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.