Knotch is the independent standard for content marketing ROI. We help CMOs and Marketing teams measure and impact the outcome of their content efforts via real-time, actionable intelligence across all of their content investment.
Our Intelligence Platform for Brands helps marketers plan, measure, optimize and benchmark their content efforts across all owned and paid strategies. We work exclusively with brands and we do not monetize from any distribution channels to make sure that our business model isn’t invested in the success of what we are measuring.
We’re based in SoHo, NYC and work with brands including: JP Morgan Chase & Co., Sprint, TD Ameritrade, Ford, Salesforce, Walmart, HP, Citi and AT&T. Knotch is proud to have been named to both Inc.'s Best Places to Work 2018 & 2019 and Built In NYC's Best Places to Work 2018 & 2019!
As Knotch’s first accounting hire, you will have the ability to shape the accounting function from processes and systems we use to the buildout of the accounting team. Your attention to detail and self-starter mentality will allow you to identify areas of weakness in our reporting and create workflows that will help us scale. You will be the main finance presence in the NYC HQ and will work alongside all departments.
How you’ll add value at Knotch:
- Own day-to-day accounting operations including full-cycle AP/AR and employee expense reports
- Own month-end close duties, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for all accounts
- Assist in completing the monthly financial statement package
- Streamline workflow to increase efficiencies and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Help prepare and facilitate the company’s first financial statement audit
- Working closely with the VP of Finance and other leadership to assist with special ad-hoc analyses and projects
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Hold a degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- Have 3+ years professional experience in accounting, preferably at the Big Four or in a high growth startup
- In-depth knowledge of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Has a team-player attitude, and naturally works across departments on shared goals
- Seeks to build and own processes in an ever-changing start-up environment
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Netsuite (ERP) is a plus
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Free lunch while in-office
- Unlimited monthly Metrocard
- Mental Health and Learning & Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.