At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, and operational Jedi Knights. Whether it’s providing forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to get results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and capital to support OnDeck’s rapid growth. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
As a Senior Accountant at OnDeck on the Finance team, you will:
- Perform the monthly and quarterly financial close process: preparing and reviewing workpapers, reconciliations and analysis on various accounts including (but not limited to) loans, FAS91 (nonrefundable costs and fees), cash, interest expense, earnings per share, stock-based compensation accruals, receivables, etc.
- Assist with analyzing and documenting the month-to-month account fluctuations by providing detailed business reasons for changes
- Support our foreign subsidiaries which includes but is not limited to consolidations, monthly packages and financial statements
- Assist the external auditors by preparing support for quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Assist with preparing various technical tasks associated with the preparation of the 10-K and 10-Q filings
- Help develop, maintain and monitor SOX controls and procedures
- Recommend policy/procedure improvements if necessary
- Work cross functionally on key initiatives and ad hoc projects
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 4-6 years of experience working as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, or Auditor at a big four accounting firm or private industry, ideally > $100mm in revenue
- You are a CPA with a strong command of GAAP
- Top performer at your company and want to bring that same attitude, intensity, effort and desire to OnDeck
- Experience with journal entries, closing processes, preparation of financial statements and internal controls.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision and are highly organized. You have a drive toward constant process improvement
- Learn quickly, able to handle large workloads and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and independent time management skills
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player that accepts accountability for yourself and others
- Analytical and have a desire to understand the business reasons behind the numbers
- Tech savvy and mastered excel. Experience working various systems
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with foreign currency
- NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, and/or Tableau
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**