Senior Accountant at The Farmer's Dog
WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
The Farmer's Dog is hiring a Senior Accountant who will take charge of our day-to-day accounting activities with a meticulous attention to detail and an unwavering commitment to organization. You will play a pivotal role in executing our core accounting operations and will be responsible for managing various duties including accounts payable, financial reporting and vendor management.
You are dedicated to ensuring all accounting processes are accurately and efficiently completed in order to support business partners and the sustainable growth of the company. This role is ideal for someone with a strong accounting background who is passionate about supporting the foundation of a thriving business.
- Own all daily accounting operations including accounts payable, billing and corporate card/T&E reimbursement process.
- Assist with the monthly and year-end financial close in partnership with internal finance and external accounting partners - performing detailed account reconciliations, expense and accruals estimates across revenue, inventory, cost of goods sold, marketing, AP and other areas ensuring there is proper supporting documentation.
- Provide thoughtful analysis to identify issues and understand fluctuations in account balances in order to provide meaningful insights to stakeholders.
- Maintain and support compliance with state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Set the foundation for a rigorous accounting function that will enable seamless expansion of The Farmer’s Dog.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience working as an Accountant within a public accounting firm and/or a private company
- CPA is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP, accounting processes, controls and compliance
- Experience in various accounting systems and ERPs (QuickBooks, NetSuite, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to manage time sensitive monthly close duties
- Strong analytical disposition with high attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- A proactive and passionate person who can multi-task, think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with management, colleagues and vendors.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota