Senior Accountant at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams, including, but not limited to, Real Estate and Property, Plant and Equipment, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Ownership over month-end close activities and account reconciliations for Property, Plant and Equipment area, including asset generation, depreciation, and the posting of applicable month end journal entries.
- Ensure complete and accurate month-end reconciliations for relevant Capital accounts.
- Create and maintain in-depth Balance Sheet analytics and work closely with internal teams, such as Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), to effectively report results.
- Assist and support Manager and Senior Accountant in the implementation of new Fixed Asset Module, Netgain.
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to ensure new and existing lease population is in compliance with ASC 842 leasing standard.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Review relevant expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license preferred
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets.
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with Netsuite and Netsuite Fixed Assets Modules
- Experience with Blackline
- Experience with ASC 842 Leasing Standard
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies
- Experience in a high growth organization
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- International reporting a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.