IEX is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for various accounting functions. Responsibilities will include managing the accounting processes for IEX’s new business lines and supporting IEX’s overall business. This individual will have an eye towards continuous improvement, leveraging technology or other solutions to automate and scale our processes as they exist today.
This person will be a key member of the Accounting team, reporting directly to the Controller. The right person for this role will have a successful technical and analytical background and be a strong self-starter with a proven work ethic.
- Must have strong attention to detail; devotion to accuracy and data integrity
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills; analytic creativity and insight
- Biased towards and experienced with automated solutions for manual tasks and processes
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships across the company’s operations.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; the role is very hands on and requires someone who will “roll up their sleeves”.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in developing accounting processes and policies for various new business lines.
- Prepare analyses and journal entries to facilitate the month-end close.
- Directly responsible for all AP, AR, and GL functions within new business entities.
- Crosstrain with the IEX Exchange Senior Accountant.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audits of our various entities.
- Prepare supporting documentation as requested by audit firm and tax provider.
- Assist with ad hoc technical accounting research and documentation.
- Assist with managing quarterly investor relations information requests.
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience (experience at a Big 4 firm preferred!)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Experience with NetSuite and Stripe a plus
- Financial Services or SAAS experience a plus
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.