The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager Senior Accountant to join our team. You will play a key role in the transformation of the company’s financial reporting processes to an automated stream-lined state.
The Senior Accountant will have an opportunity to make a real impact by driving process improvement and system implementation efforts to streamline operations and improve the quality of the close process. The successful candidate will be a self-starter excited to apply what they know to strengthen the financial reporting of our growing company. You will report to the Accounting Manager in our NYC headquarters.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to support the accounting team in accurately processing all accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
- Ownership of departmental expenses including the recording of accrual/reclasses and oversight of prepaids
- Acquiring detailed understanding of business processes and connecting them with financial results
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of existing processes and proposing enhancements
- Responsible for accurate and timely month and year end close activities including but not limited to detailed review of GL, accruals, prepaid and cost allocations
- Perform financial statement analysis and document insightful and meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures that are in compliance with applicable internal control guidance
- Assist in the accumulation of support for the Company’s annual audit and quarterly reviews
- At least 6 years of hands on experience with month end close
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Experience with Netsuite or other large ERP system
- Experience with Coupa, and/or Blackline a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.