Senior Accountant at DailyPay, Inc.
At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.The Role:
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will handle all accounting operations within the company, verifying financial records and transactions. Working with professionals throughout the organization this position is both analytical and collaborative, as we work with business partners to promote best practices and process improvements, and report on financial results to our various stakeholders. You must have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports. If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.How You Will Make an Impact:
- Manage general ledger and assist in month-end/year-end close processes
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP
- Coordinate with operations on accounts receivable
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Analyze financial results and perform variance analysis
- Lead in creation of policies and process documents for finance functions
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency including automation
- Maintain and comply with company accounting procedures and internal processes
- Assist in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, executives, stockholders and C-Suite executives
- Assist with audits and tax preparation
- Maintain account balances including reconciling, researching and resolving all discrepancies
- Provide support to management as needed, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of previous experience as an accountant or auditor of public companies
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Excel proficiency
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently, meeting required deadlines
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Advanced Proficiency with NetSuite ERP accounting software a plus
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.