<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique and possesses a distinct set of skills, personality and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value and reward shared success over individual heroics.
As the Senior Accountant at <intent>, you will manage the month-end accounting close process, including preparing journal entries and supporting account reconciliations. In addition, you will ensure billing and collections are timely and accurate. You will help us manage costs and will ensure all monthly accruals are recorded and reconciled. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with various departments during the annual budget and monthly forecast process.
As the Senior Accountant on our team, you will collaborate with various other departments within our organization. You will work closely with the Controller to prepare monthly financial analysis and ensure financial results are reported to Management in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a lean organization and will help drive positive process changes to the team.
What You Will Do:
- Ownership of month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries, supporting reconciliations, and monthly timely reporting
- Manage the monthly billing and collections process
- Ownership of the A/P process, including the monthly departmental accruals
- Prepare monthly financial analysis to Management, investor reporting and other ad-hoc financial analysis
- Collaborate with the Finance team in preparing the year-end financial statements and assist the external auditors in the accumulation of support for the annual audit
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in the US & UK
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly periodic forecasts
- Report to the Controller
<intent> is looking for a bright and ambitious Senior Accountant to bring their fresh perspective to our team of thoroughly awesome humans.
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Desire to take on new projects and gain experience by jumping in with two feet
- Strong communication skills and highly collaborative with proven ability to work with team members, customers, external vendors and partners
- Strong attention to detail and process orientation – can manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to managers, peers and third-parties
- Love for the tech industry and fast-growing startups
- Thorough understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and understanding of financial statement preparation and management reporting
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERP system
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.)
- 4+ years of accounting experience. Big 4 public accounting experience plus industry experience is preferred
- SaaS experience is a plus
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!