Senior Accountant at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We are on a mission to defeat inactivity! Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find their perfect fit among 800 different activities at over 50,000 fitness facilities across US, Europe, and Latin America. We increase the number of people exercising every day, helping them to become active and reach their goals. Let's help people get there together!
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Accountant to our Finance team in New York!
- Collaborate closely with the US Controller to create and maintain financial workflows and controls
- Lead the monthly close of the US financial statements and all related supporting reconciliations and documents
- Become the “go-to” person for the FP&A team regarding variance analysis and support of the US monthly trial balance
- Own the US processes related to employee expense reports, customer receipts, vendor payments, and recording journal entries
- Coordinate directly with independent auditors and partner with US Controller in completing annual US GAAP financial audits at the globally consolidated level
- Roll-up your sleeves and help other regions and teams as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- A true team player who loves working towards both team and individual goals with at least 3-5 years experience in a mix of public auditing and private industry accounting
- A licensed CPA with Big 4 and startup experience is preferred
- Experience with Netsuite and Concur is preferred
- You have the ability to work both autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- A self-starter who can multi-task and adapt to a fast-growing and dynamic organization
- A strong communicator who is both tenacious and goal-oriented
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT: We’ll support your efforts to continue your education.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...Check us out on Instagram and Facebook! @gympasscareers
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.