Senior Accountant at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
As Senior Accountant, you will support the timely completion of accounting functions including our month-end close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant will also own the Accounts Payable process, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices. This role reports directly to Meetup’s Controller/Director of Finance.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Drive the monthly close process (booking GL entries, preparing GL account and bank reconciliations)
- Maintain supporting workpapers for each GL account
- Monitor the inflow of invoices from vendors and forwarding to relevant internal stakeholders for approval
- Review open and aged invoices with Meetup’s CFO and schedule payments
- Work closely with the entire Finance team (including Financial Planning & Analysis) and act as a backup for critical roles and responsibilities, including Billing and Payroll
- Assist with our annual financial statement audit and assist our tax consultants with various tax filings
- Review legal contracts, invoices, payment histories, and exercise sound judgement to facilitate the resolution of discrepancies with vendors
- Contribute to a library of process and internal control documentation
- Suggest and implement process improvements to build efficiencies into existing processes
- Follow sound accounting procedures and produce error-free work
The Senior Accountant will demonstrate:
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously and under time constraints
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment; you’re a self-starter who loves wearing different hats and have an enthusiastic spirit that no job is too big or too small
- Excellent follow up skills
- Strong accounting US GAAP knowledge, familiarity with GL software and financial statements (Meetup uses Intacct and Certify for our GL and AP software)
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills, proficient in MS Office
- Good time management skills
- Accurate and thorough work. Recognizes errors and takes necessary steps to correct them
- Outstanding technical knowledge, application of knowledge to practical situations, soundness of judgment, understanding and performance of job duties
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- 4-5 years of related business experience, preferably with a mix of public (Big 4/mid-tier preferred) and private
To be successful in this role the Senior Accountant will need excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deliverables with flawless execution.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?