Senior Accountant at Orchard
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and posting revenue in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition standards (ASC 606)
- Complete month-end close responsibilities including preparing journal entries, maintaining reconciliations/schedules, review of staff work
- Research accounting guidance as needed and prepare accounting memos
- Assist with monthly financial analysis
- Provide support during annual audit
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Collaborate and work closely with cross functional departments
- Ad Hoc projects
- 4-6 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Revenue experience and strong knowledge of ASC 606 is required
- Understanding of GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Productive self-starter that is detail oriented
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
Read Full Job Description