Senior Accountant at Paxos
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller and will play a key role in the monthly close, budget and tax compliance processes. Paxos’ Accounting Team is small, nimble and manages a ton for our global business. As the Company continues its rapid growth, we need someone highly organized, motivated and ready to learn!
This role is incredibly impactful to the broader company as it calls for knowledge and understanding of our employees, vendors, customers and products. Proactive engagement with the rest of the company, including the Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal & Compliance teams makes for an overall rewarding experience.
- Prepares non-routine and complex monthly account reconciliations
- Performs non-routine and complex monthly close responsibilities
- Prepares draft financial statements with guidance and support
- Liaises with external audit firm on both routine and non routine matters
- Identifies and raises areas where improvement is needed to either gain efficiencies or strengthen processes
- Performs complex monthly tasks including application of new accounting standards or accounting for new transactions
- Analyzes books and records on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Orchestrates the monthly close process by providing guidance and direction to the team
- Leads initiatives/projects aimed at resulting in increased efficiencies or strengthened processes
- Executes the financial statement preparation from start to finish including ensuring accuracy/completeness, liaising with the external audit firm, incorporating new accounting pronouncements/disclosures, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience working with tech companies is a plus
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of U.S. GAAP or other relevant technical accounting literature.
- Proficient in the use of other tools such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong ability to analyze and model data for purposes of technical accounting analysis or calculation/recognition of transactions
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquarie, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money