At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than 6 million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
You will join a team that is responsible for the day-to-day accounting, financial reporting, tax and audit engagements, cash and risk management, and accounting policies and procedures.
As a member of the accounting team, you know your accounting principles and understand our accounting process end to end. You are continually looking for ways to improve our internal controls and operational efficiency. A team player at heart, you move fast while keeping your attention to detail. You use your problem-solving skills to support TpT’s business objectives and help us scale for the future.
- Contribute to the monthly financial close process and assist in the preparation of TpT financial statements
- Revenue recognition; ensure compliance with ASC 606
- Sales tax compliance; monthly/quarterly filing of sales tax returns, registrations in new states as required.
- Account for activity in the following balance sheet accounts: cash, accounts receivable, prepaid and other assets, fixed assets, accounts payable and accrued expenses ensuring compliance with GAAP and TpT accounting policies.
- Review cash account reconciliations
- Perform account/variance analyses for certain balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Partner with the team to define, develop and drive business processes that can affect financial reporting with various stakeholders of TpT
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and internal control and drive implementation of the solutions
- Record monthly health and dental benefit expenses
- Provide support for annual audits of TpT financial statements, and 401 K Plan.
- Review of partnership tax returns prepared by external firm.
- Manage certain aspects of the corporate credit card and expense reimbursement programs
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger in Asset Panda, our FA software
- Support TpT initiatives by working cross-functionally with other departments
- Assist in special projects as they arise, both within the accounting/finance area and cross-functionally
- Work with the team to recognize potential areas of risk and develop risk management solutions
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- CPA completed or in progress
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Poise, superior professionalism, and discretion
- Strong analytical ability
- 3-4 years of accounting/finance experience in high volume environments in relevant industry
- Versatile, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator, analytical, and able to multitask
- Demonstrated experience and genuine excitement in driving process improvement
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, backed up by good track record of working with business partners
- Self-starter with superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the "big picture”
- Solid project management skills
- Proficiency in Excel, and a working knowledge of the Google Suite.
- Experience with financial software packages (NetSuite a plus)
- Experience with the Avalara sales tax software a plus.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.