Betterment’s Accounting team is responsible for analyzing and reporting on the financial health of our Business. We’re looking for someone who thrives in an environment where they will wear multiple hats – financial statements guru, internal consultant and business strategist. You’re an energetic team player looking to roll-up your sleeves, work across functions and solve problems.You’re driven by financial transparency and value partnering with key organizations throughout the company. You’re eager to flex your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same. In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team and work directly with our Accounting Manager.A Day in the Life:
- Identify inefficient processes and problem-solve to amend or build new procedures
- Collaborate with the accounting manager to build out infrastructure to accurately account for revenue transactions
- Manage the accounts receivable function, supporting multiple lines of business
- Assist in the month end close and financial reporting processes
- Develop internal control policies and accounting research memorandums
- Play a key role in our annual external audit process
- Perform additional ad-hoc requests which arise throughout the year
- Private or public industry experience in audit, accounting, or finance.
- Have or are working towards a CPA license
- Strong understanding of financial statements and the importance of financial accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and accounting technology
- A self-starter mentality with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong strategic and business decision-making abilities
- Ability to work across disciplines to create new processes and/or resolve issues
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.