At Teachable, we believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
Developing and maintaining strong accounting practices is critical to our ability to scale. If you have a strong eye for detail, are good with numbers and are passionate about helping Creators build thriving businesses, we encourage you to apply for this role, which reports directly to our Controller.
- Assist with month end close (including posting journal entries, updating reconciliations and more)
- Assist in monthly mass payout process, including reviewing scheduled payments for potential fraud or suspicious activity
- Assist with accounting processes related to capitalized costs for internally-developed software
- Support tax compliance efforts, including familiarity with VAT and Sales Tax and managing the annual 1099 filing process
- Assist with various internal and external audits, including audits undertaken by Hotmart, our parent company
- Assist in implementation of various projects within the Finance team, including measures needed to prepare Hotmart (and by extension Teachable) for a potential IPO or other financing event
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- Strong written communication skills with fluency in English
- At least 2 years of accounting work experience in a technology company, SaaS a plus
- Strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to different scenarios in a startup environment
- Proficient in MS Office and the G Suite
- Have a fundamental understanding of a full month-end close process. Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.