Senior Accountant at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. If you are excited by the prospect of overseeing our accounting function and helping to establish best practices, we’d love to hear from you.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Senior Accountant will help oversee and manage all aspects of our month-end close process and accounting systems.
- Month end close responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and reviewing General Ledger on a weekly basis.
- Coordinating with other departments to obtain transaction information, researching reconciling items, and resolving issues.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Performing monthly analytics to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Managing accounts receivable and payable
- Helping manage external audit process
- Continually improving business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Other roles and projects as required.
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years’ of experience in accounting.
- Active CPA or CPA eligible.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets; proficient experience with Netsuite, Excel.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work with internal and external business partners, including auditors.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Self-starter that takes initiative and proactively looks for ways to improve processes and systems.
- Experience in the broker-dealer sector and/or other financial services.
- Experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.