Senior Accountant at Chainalysis
The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
The Senior Accountant is a skilled change agent who can automate workflows, implement new processes, and constantly iterate on our current procedures to improve the efficiency of our teams. We measure success by the successful and seamless execution of month-end-close and your impact on scaling the accounting department.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You confidently drive the month-end-close process from journal entries to gross-up calculations to month-over-month variance analysis.
- You know the drill for supporting the Accounts Payable process including reviewing and approving invoices in NetSuite, preparing batch payments and employee expenses reimbursements, and other related tasks.
- You’ve taken ownership of and improved our bank and credit card reconciliation processes for all of our entities.
- The Staff Accountant and other Accounting & Finance leadership has full trust in you to oversee all expenses and invoices into NetSuite.
- You’re independently adding amortization schedules for new prepaid additions as well as removing fully amortized items from the schedule with oversight from the Accounting Manager.
- All expenses and fixed assets are coded according to company policy.
- The company has detailed and thorough records of fixed-asset write-offs, non-payroll accruals, and monthly accruals according to an up to date accrual schedule.
- You accurately and thoroughly review and reconcile all ledger accounts on the balance sheet.
- You can run depreciation in NetSuite, review results for any significant errors, and reconcile those with the depreciation schedule in addition to performing reasonableness tests of current period additions relative to the total accumulated depreciation.
- You’ve worked with the team on projects like audits, sales tax and compliance filings, and new systems implementations.
A background like this helps:
- Prior experience working in an accounting role at a SaaS startup during audits run by Big 4 accounting firms
- Strong understanding of GAAP, IFRS is preferred
- You’ve worked with NetSuite
- Strong Excel skills
- Deep expertise in full month-end close process
- You have a degree in Accounting or the equivalent experience. Bonus points for CPA!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.