Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Accountant to be an integral member of the finance team. You will help manage all daily accounting functions – including month-end close, managing receivable and payable cash flows, audit and financial statement preparation and assist with implementation of a new accounting system. Additionally, you will partner with Strategic Finance and other various operations teams to assist with financial forecasting, management reporting, and data analytics – all while learning how to scale a high-growth fintech company. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that will offer continuous learning and growth opportunities as the company scales rapidly.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Assist with Close: Drive the monthly, quarterly and year-end close process, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, entity level and business line P&Ls, accruals, intercompany transactions and group consolidations
- Coordinate externally: Drive annual audit and tax planning processes with auditors and advisors
- Cross-collaborate: Coordinate cross-functionally with Strategic Finance, Business Operations and People Operations on various processes including month forecast variances, vendor management and other data analytics initiatives
- Improve and Scale Business Processes: Identify operational gaps and lead process improvements including evaluation and implementation of various technology tools and accounting processes
- Mature Accounting Policies and Procedures: Help drive implementation of revenue compliance with ASC 606; actively participate in and own various aspects of processes / policies documentation
- Special Projects: Assist in creating solutions for accounting complexities; other ad hoc projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
- 2-3 years of accounting experience, including Big 4 or similar public accounting ideally within Financial Services practice.
- CPA license and Bachelor’s degree demonstrating excellent academic performance
- Experience with complex accounting topics, such as accounting for revenue (ASC 606), share-based compensation (ASC 718) and intangible assets, goodwill and software development costs (ASC 350)
- Excel “power user” with ability to analyze large data sets
- Organized and detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize and switch gears in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Experience in FinTech or Broker-Dealer space, including experience with broker-dealer regulatory reporting
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau