Senior Accounting Manager, Connected Fitness Inventory at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Accounting & Finance department during a dynamic period of high growth and process transformation. The Sr. Accounting Manager will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams, with a focus on inventory and cost of goods sold accounts, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. This role requires strong partnership and collaboration with the logistics and supply chain team to drive accurate financial reporting for inventory throughout all stages of its life cycle. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. You are a great mentor, teammate and demonstrated leader who excels in managing people and can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Play a key role in the month end financial statement close process by reviewing account reconciliations.
- Proactively, manage a dynamic department in a fast growing, fast paced environment, keeping team priorities on track, and working cross-functionally throughout the organization to obtain relevant information.
- Take ownership and responsibility of preparing monthly account reconciliations for key areas which are subject to significant estimates.
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations prepared by staff / senior accountants on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Focus on enhancing and standardizing workpaper documentation prepared by the team to align with SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP principles.
- Perform a detailed review of indirect COGS accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting. Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with FP&A team and business department owners to understand the key drivers and variances to budget/forecast.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Be the right hand to the Assistant Controller & Global Controller with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Industry experience in consumer products and/or manufacturing
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience in a high growth organization; international a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.