Senior Accounting Manager at Knotel
The Senior Accounting Manager will support the team as we build a scalable infrastructure with strong internal controls. This is a full-time role reporting directly to the Controller and will manage a small team. S/he will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks associated with transactional operations for core accounting functions including procure to pay and T&E. This position will be responsible for business process transformation, establishing and maintaining accounting policies, systems implementation and strong internal controls.
Successful members of the Knotel team embrace curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving. Speed bumps are seen as opportunities to showcase one's skill. As a fast-growing startup, the ability to create and adhere to scalable processes with strong controls and juggle multiple priorities is a must. Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-currency and/or public company is highly desired.
Supervisory & Collaborative:
- Mentor and develop team and ensure adequate cross-training and documentation
- Own General Accounting processes, including streamlining, reviewing account reconciliations and expense analytics
- Document and maintain scalable standard operating procedures with strong controls
- Partner with colleagues across the company and within the team to implement and integrate new and optimize existing systems
- Oversee the Invoice Processing and Travel Policy and Expense Report Policy systems
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as annual tax filing
General Accounting and Reporting:
- Lead month end close; reduce days to complete, improve transparency and controls
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements
- Implement process to review monthly variance analysis versus prior year and budget
- Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
- Coordinate documentation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and controls policy manuals
- Implement efficient and materially accurate accruals
- Develop reporting; proactively providing value-added analysis and metrics
- Ensure accuracy of master data in ERP.
- Approve account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure account activity and balances are audited for accuracy
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 7 years of proven success managing a small team
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.)
- A passion for leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- CPA and/or Big-4 experience a plus
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.