Senior Analyst, Finance Systems
About the Role
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for managing and configuring the Workday Financial systems. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge of finance business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. The candidate will have direct hands on experience in Workday Financials process design, configuration and implementation. The role will focus on customer accounts, helping to lead a large-scale implementation of invoice management, cash application and revenue mangament.
They partner with diverse business stakeholders to lead numerous projects to increase business efficiency and automate business processes in Workday. They have excellent collaboration, problem solving and advanced technical skills. They provide technical guidance, are hands on, and respond to end user requests for new features, problem investigation, security configuration and complex reports.
- Manage the end-to-end functional support for Workday Financials, specifically Customer Invoicing and Revenue Management
- Work closely with the business teams to understand functional requirements and execute them through successful implementation, testing and deployment with required documentation
- Configure and administrate data security and comply with policies and procedures (working closely with Security lead)
- Assist in resolving User “How To” questions and create relevant job aids/training/communications aids/learning
- Troubleshoot problems, test, and work with business to resolve issues.
- Translate business needs into requirement specifications to outside vendors
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide guidance and training to business teams on the future capabilities of the Workday and adoption blueprint.
- Coordinate feature/function cases with Workday and perform Workday Release tasks (2x per year)
- Design and develop custom reports as required for business users and senior executive management
- Partner with Corporate Technology to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Log, route and maintain tickets in ticket tracking system
- Act with speed, while balancing quality and compliance
Experience/ Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years hands-on financial systems analyst experience required.
- 1+ year of Workday Financial systems experience required
- End to end implementation experience including project management, issue management, communication and change management. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Day-to-day production support of live Workday environment a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles and best practice
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability.