Senior Analyst, Finance at Zola
Zola is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Finance team. This role will report into the Senior Director of Strategic Finance and partner closely with business units, marketing and merchandising teams to plan, forecast and drive revenue and margins. He/she will provide rigorous and thoughtful analyses to help identify key trends, risks and opportunities, and ad-hoc financial analysis for strategic projects. This role is ideal for someone who has previous experience in retail or sales planning and is passionate about driving the right business decisions with data.
What We are Looking For
- A motivated self-starter who strives for results and thrive in start-up environment
- Someone with unquestionable integrity and curiosity in solving problems and seeking the truth
- Someone with strong attention to detail and ability to deliver work product with the highest level of accuracy
- Someone who can work effectively with lots of data, yet seeing the bigger picture and focus on drawing actionable insights
- Someone who has executive presence and can confidently deliver insights and provide supporting evidence
- A go-getter who can self-manage and drive process improvements
- Responsible for financial budgeting and forecasting of sales, margins and marketing spend
- Determine the “right” KPIs to track and report on
- Collaborate with business units, marketing and merch planning teams to conduct weekly and monthly sales forecasts
- Partner with business teams in tracking and diagnosing risks and opportunities of various business products.
- Weekly business KPI reporting
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses such as ROI analysis on marketing investments, partnerships business case, etc.
- Proactively communicate findings to business partners
- Collaborate with accounting team on month end close and financial reporting
- Other financial planning responsibilities depending on capabilities and interests
- 2-4 years+ work experience in a rigorous analytical role, including at least 1 year in a financial or sales planning capacity; Retail or consumer experience a plus
- Experience working with a large database. Proficiency in SQL a plus (or ability to become proficient quickly)
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Analytical/critical thinker with ability to conduct analysis with minimal oversight and ability to defend such analyses
- Build collaborative relationships and ability to influence partners
- Team player and great communicator
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.