Senior Analyst, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for preparing detailed financial disclosures under US GAAP based on communications with various accounting, finance and other department inputs. The Senior Analyst will be responsible to complete all financial statements and SEC filings, as required. The SEC reporting group is also responsible for the completion of certain subsidiary financial statements and other regulatory reporting requirements. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for monitoring status and completeness of all tasks, ensure timely completion in accordance with established deadlines, and interfacing with other internal and external parties.
In addition, the Senior Analyst will participate in researching and documenting technical accounting analyses of complex transactions, documenting accounting policies, and monitoring and implementing new accounting standards. The Analyst may also be involved in other corporate accounting activities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and disclosure requirements, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements and related footnotes for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP and the SEC, as applicable.
- Review and tie out all financial information prior to the release externally, including the quarterly Shareholders’ Letter, investor materials, debt covenant calculations, statutory financial statements, and any other financial information in the earnings release, documents to support the earnings call and additional needs of the Investor Relations team.
- Prepare subsidiary financial statements for various reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP or local GAAP, as required.
- Update and maintain internal control policies and procedures and provides supporting documentation to internal and external auditors regarding completion of control procedures.
- Prepares impairment tests quarterly, annually and as required of the Company’s consolidated tangible and intangible assets.
- Researches the accounting and disclosure requirements of proposed accounting standards and transactions with external parties, considering the relevant accounting literature and the effect of the transaction on the company’s financial statements.
- Obtain, review and document accounting and control considerations surrounding all significant and non-routine contracts and transactions, modifications to existing contracts/arrangements with customers and leases. Perform procedures ensuring the completeness of the population of these transactions captured for Technical Accounting review.
- Coordinates with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Any and all other job duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant Accounting experience; including 2+ years public accounting experience or, 2+ years financial reporting experience at a public company.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing; including communication of accounting policies and procedures to corporate and field based Team Members
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail to prepare SEC filings and other financial statements
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to disaggregate, analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Big 4 experience
- Experience in SEC reporting
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with Workiva
- Experience in a high growth organization
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- International reporting a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.