At Flatiron Health, the Strategic Finance team is responsible for forecasting, reporting, evaluating and explaining the company’s financial performance and for partnering with business leaders to help inform and guide key operational and strategic decisions. From the fundamentals of annual financial planning, monthly rolling forecasts and detailed operational review sessions, to commercial finance decision support and long-term strategic planning, the overarching goal of the team is to improve the transparency and understanding of the underlying economics and financial health of our business and to enable more effective business performance management.What You'll Do
- Effectively and efficiently manage key deliverables within the annual operating plan and monthly rolling forecast processes, informing stakeholders of key deliverables, milestones, timelines and official review and sign-off processes
- Understand and effectively communicate the key drivers of revenue and margin
- Collaborate closely with business leaders and your team on the build out of new models for existing and emerging lines of business
- Provide input and recommendations to the team for improving planning and forecasting processes.
- Build and maintain standardized reporting and analysis, using that reporting and supporting data to generate, document and communicate key variances and takeaways to your business partners.
- Perform standard and ad hoc financial analysis in support of key business questions and decision-making processes.
- Understand and be able to expertly communicate the businesses vision, strategic and operational priorities, business model and high-level economics.
You’re motivated by the desire to continuously learn and grow and are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, aspires to be the best at their job and values the chance to make an important impact. More specifically, you have/are:
- 3-5 years of commercial finance experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with an analytical bias
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills including hands-on financial experience of building and maintaining reports and financial models
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across functions and levels of management
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and standards
- Expert in Excel, experience building complex formulas and manipulating large data sets
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- Experience in healthcare and / or technology
- Experience with financial planning systems
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Salesforce and Netsuite
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.