Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance at OnDeck
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefits program with a variety of options and opportunities. Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance:
The vision of our Finance team is to be a strategic partner that facilitates, recommends and ensures the best value creating decisions are made across the organization. The Senior Analyst role within OnDeck’s Finance division is not your typical opportunity. This role will provide you with exposure to leadership and exciting strategic projects that will fast-track your finance career.
This person will join the Financial Planning & Analysis team and assist with intra-year and long-term forecasting for US and International business operations, key metric analysis, financial scenarios, as well as key strategic initiatives.
As a member of the team, you will work collaboratively across the organization on cross-functional projects, provide senior management and c-suite with insight to drive business decisions and have exposure to corporate strategic projects. This is a highly visible role that will interact regularly with senior management, have a direct impact on the strategic and financial direction of the company and be a key asset in the future growth of the company.
Financial Forecasting & Analysis
- Own the company's long-term financial model, ensuring it reflects company goals and reasonable operational metrics. Work autonomously to challenge key assumptions and inputs from departments across the company to ensure projections are as up-to-date and accurate as possible
- Consolidate financials across U.S. and international businesses, as well as, OnDeck’s core Lending business and ODX, our new Tech Venture
- Analyze and report on actual vs. forecast results for key financial and non-financial metrics to provide senior management with information to drive business decisions
- Assist in preparing materials for OnDeck’s CFO and cross-functional meetings, including Board decks, investor relations and other executive updates
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects. This includes determining return on investment and building financial models for OnDeck’s new and future products / international market strategies and business development opportunities
- Drive analysis for OnDeck’s growth initiatives and core business as a finance stakeholder. This includes assisting cross functional partners (ex: Risk, Revenue, Product) in connecting the pieces around how your financial analysis and forecasts can impact key decisions
- Generate new ideas to re-engineer and enhance our Excel models and processes within OnDeck’s Finance team
- You have 2-4 years of professional experience in financial services, investment banking, investment research, private equity or a strategic FP&A role where you have worked across the whole corporate financial model.
- You are a highly motivated professional with strong financial and business acumen who is excited to make a significant impact on the organization
- You have highly advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Tableau skills desirable
- You have strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence and drive projects forward
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication to various functions and levels of an organization
- You have excellent time management skills / ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- You have demonstrated the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- You can work independently with minimal guidance to drive projects forward
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top tier program required
- 401K Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Company Outings.
- Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs.
- Office Learning & Development Training. Community Involvement.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**