About the team
Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, and owning a portfolio of omni-channel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how we’ve done with the Harry's brand. The company plans to leverage its platform and capabilities, and partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of new disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years.
The Corporate Accounting team at Harry’s works cross-functionally and across geographies with our local controlling teams to create Harry’s Inc. financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. Specifically, this team supports all intercompany transactions, maintains the corporate ledger and reports the Company’s consolidated results on a monthly basis. Additionally, we are often tasked with special projects which could mean writing a technical accounting memo, creating new reporting processes or supporting a cross functional team project. As Harry’s has many exciting projects on the horizon, we are looking for a new member to join our growing team and help support the expanding needs of the company, including driving towards an initial public offering.
About the role
This role is crucial to the monthly reporting process. You will be responsible for calculating, reconciling and booking corporate and intercompany journal entries as well as working with local controlling teams to ensure that their results are reflected accurately in our reporting system. You will assist in preparing a monthly reporting package as well as quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes. You will be empowered to take a look at existing processes and identify where we can make improvements and efficiencies. As you grow in this role, you will be expected to present results to the greater finance team, as well as the Inc. team. You will also support special projects and strategic transactions as they arise.
What you will accomplish
- Own and manage the corporate consolidation and close process
- Assist with variance analysis of balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Assist in preparation of Harry’s consolidated monthly financial statements
- Coordinate and manage monthly internal share out meetings with global accounting and finance organization
- Work closely with our external auditors to provide them the support they need
- Build strong relationships within the accounting and finance teams, as well as work cross-functionally in order to support the Company’s business needs
- Assist in supporting special projects, as needed
This should describe you
- You have your Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- You have an active CPA license
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have 2+ years of audit experience
- Roll-Up-The-Sleeves Style: You’re a self starter and no job is too small for you to pitch in and get the job done.
- Thrive on direct, honest and supportive communication: You seek out and offer up feedback.
- Ultimate Team Player: You are humble, reliable and have excellent communication skills. You celebrate both professional and personal wins.
- Problem Solver: To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge.
- A continuous learner: You are curious and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Working on the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting team
- Working cross functionally with the global accounting and finance organization
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.