Senior Associate, Corporate Finance
About The Team
The Corporate Treasury team is responsible for the managing the company’s cash, debt, equity, and financial risk functions, supporting the Harry’s brand in North America and the UK plus our private label and manufacturing business in Germany.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person in a Senior Associate level to join our finance organization working directly with the Treasurer.
This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on the company’s corporate finance profile and strategic outlook, as well as tremendous professional development in a high paced, growing international environment. Although we’re a small team, we work at a complex and dynamic company -- so you’ll have an interesting mix of strategic and operational responsibilities not typically found a 5-year old company. The role will be based in our New York office, but will also require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in the UK and Germany.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the company’s cash and debt models for the US, UK, and German operations; make recommendations on debt level as we consider new investments, businesses, products, channels, markets, etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly covenant reporting and compliance packages for our lenders
- Assist with investor relations when shareholders request financial updates
- Forecast and report on our cash and working capital in the US, Germany, and UK
- Execute letters of credit and other bank products to support global trade
- Assist in ongoing risk assessments, insurance policy renewals, and derivative transactions so the company is adequately protected
- Keep up to date with capital markets, credit ratings, interest rates, FX rates, and other KPIs relevant to the the company's cash, debt, and risk exposure
- Help improve our tech tools/systems, processes, and documentation
- Be part of building an awesome business
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate banking, investment banking, and/or corporate treasury; preference for experience working in leveraged finance and multi-currency environments
- Advanced financial modelling skills— you can build a 3-statement financial forecast in multiple currencies
- Great presentation skills, whether it’s for internal or external stakeholders
- Experience with corporate debt and equity structures -- you understand leverage calculations and debt covenants, have read credit agreements, know how to model debt and equity, and can run scenarios on financial risk (eg, interest rate and foreign exchange)
- Experience with (or strong aptitude for) short-term forecasting
- High level of integrity; proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Detail-oriented, always checks work and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Strong initiative and motivated to learn about all aspects of a high-growth brand and business
- Fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Report to the Corporate Treasurer and collaborate with FP&A, Controller, Tax, Legal teams in NY, London, and Germany, as well as operations teams in New York
- Significant direct exposure to the CFO, co-founder CEOs and senior leadership
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.