Senior Associate, FP&A at Harry's
About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions. The team supports our Harry’s brand in North America and UK, our Flamingo women’s brand and our private label and manufacturing business in Germany.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global FP&A team and support our existing and future brands. This person will collaborate with sales, R&D, and marketing to identify and implement strategies to help drive short and long-term financial performance. This includes supporting the business and financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, and identifying and recommending solutions as appropriate. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior-level decision making. The role will be based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in our overseas offices.
What You’ll Do
- Partner cross-functionally across brand teams to identify and communicate big-picture trends and drivers of revenue and analyze performance against our forecasts and long-term plan
- Provide financial guidance and support for our brand and operations teams to dissect spend and track back to key operating results
- Help drive the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes providing visibility on growth, profitability and liquidity
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Build and maintain financial models to evaluate and support strategic initiatives, long term planning and corporate development opportunities
- Leverage existing organization tools and systems (eg. Adaptive Insights) to develop and report on metrics in order to identify inefficiencies and improve strategic decision making
- Participate in the preparation of all related monthly business review and Board materials
- Provide ad hoc financial and business decision support as needed
Background and Experience
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-3 years of experience. You are a 3rd year investment banking analyst in industry coverage, M&A or equity research with a record of executing/closing transactions. If you have under 3 years of investment banking experience, you have an additional 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance for an operating company
- CPG / retail industry experience is a plus
- Quick learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of P&L and profitability analysis and strong working knowledge of accounting
- Expert Excel skills—you were formally trained (e.g., Training the Street, training program at a bulge-bracket firm) and have extensive financial modeling experience (3-statements, detailed operating, cash flow, ROI analysis)
- Expert PowerPoint skills— you draft high-quality, C-level presentations by default
- Experience using a planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan) is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust and gaining support across the organization
- Passionate about consumer businesses and motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, aren’t afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, and can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, and supportive in communications and takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Report to the Senior Manager of FP&A and support our stakeholders in our brand teams to ensure they have the data and insight they need to drive business success
- Work directly with VPs and operational leaders
- Significant direct exposure to the senior leadership team
- Partner across the rest of the finance and operations teams globally
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.