About the Role
As the Senior Associate of M&A and Commercial Strategy, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the Labs team to identify, evaluate and pursue exciting consumer, market, and product investment opportunities. Our vision at Harry’s is to build a family of disruptive omni-channel CPG brands, and the Labs team is responsible for all new brand diversification efforts under that vision. Our goal is to launch or acquire 2-3 highly disruptive CPG brands each year based on the investment ideas you will help identify and validate.
In your role, you will work across both M&A and new brand incubation ideas, with deep involvement in all stages of brand assessment and/or development. You will be responsible for the commercial and financial diligence of those investment opportunities, identifying key questions, shaping analyses, and making data-driven recommendations. You will work alongside experienced investors, entrepreneurs and executives to build and grow the next generation of leading CPG brands, powered by the experience and resources of Harry’s Inc.
Beyond the opportunity to work with great people, this role provides a unique opportunity to work from the ground up to build an investment business at Harry’s, Inc., including working closely with senior leadership to define investment philosophy, strategy and process.
What You Will Accomplish
- Perform commercial and financial diligence on new investment opportunities, including market sizing, competitive analysis, and business plan development
- Build robust financial models and investment returns analyses, including inputs such as CPA, LTV, retention, pricing, and costs. Validate key model assumptions via primary and secondary research, including smartly leveraging cross-functional expertise across Harry’s organization
- Perform deep-dive analysis of CPG categories, synthesizing large pools of data to develop a point of view on relevant trends and dynamics, as well as opportunities for category disruption
- Develop high quality presentations for the Harry’s leadership team to review and assess M&A and new brand incubation opportunities
- Successfully work in parallel across multiple work streams
- Report to the Manager, M&A and Commercial Strategy and work closely with the VP, Harry’s Labs and other members of the Labs team
This Should Describe You
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a highly analytical role (e.g., investment banking, management consulting, corporate finance, private equity); experience working with high growth consumer businesses is a plus
- Experience with financial modeling and quantitative analysis. You should feel very comfortable operating in Excel and building three-statement financial models with flexible assumptions
- Highly Analytical: Able to collect and analyze large sets of data and synthesize into themes, insights, and “so what’s”. You can handle ambiguity and can extrapolate and synthesize your way to insightful recommendations even when data is far from perfect
- Thrive in a fast-paced, often changing, and highly collaborative environment. Understands that most projects will not be greenlighted and is able to pivot quickly between workstreams
- Passionate About Consumer: Excited by the opportunity to build and acquire new, highly disruptive businesses at Harry’s that better serve consumer needs and preferences
- Extremely Reliable: Is someone who you can always count on to be 100% reliable. They always go above and beyond your expectations and deliver error-free work in a timely fashion
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Manager, M&A and Commercial Strategy, Harry’s Labs
- Advised closely by the VP, Harry’s Labs
- You will work on the Harry’s Labs team, a small team that will drive Harry’s new brand investment strategy by identifying market opportunities and investing in leading next generation CPG brands
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.