Senior Associate, Market Risk at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Risk
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Gemini. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, and managing the firm’s exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and intellectual horsepower, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Gemini so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Sr. Associate - Market Risk Management
Gemini is looking for a Sr. Associate to be part of the risk management function. The risk management function works closely with various teams across Gemini including products, operations, engineering, compliance and audit to manage inherent risks in processes of the Company. We are looking for someone who can bring risk management and technical expertise while at the same time a critical, quantitative and hands-on approach to manage market risk of Gemini. The role will require to assess risk in various crypto based financial products and establish processes for measure, monitor and escalate risk. The role provides an exciting opportunity to understand and build risk infrastructure of an evolving asset class. The role will provide opportunity to challenge the most fundamental risk management principles and implement solutions which suit the new and evolving asset class with a beginner's mindset. To excel in this role, the individual will use his/ her experience, analytical skills and technical ability to add value to the organization.
- Identify and monitor risks across various existing and new products and derivatives including futures, options and structured products.
- Monitor intraday and overnight market and counterparty risk exposure at portfolio and single-product levels and highlight key risks as needed.
- Monitor developments in the market and help build, revise and enhance risk limits, methodologies and processes.
- Partner in developing and enhancing real-time risk monitoring and reporting tools for key risks while ensuring that the team's technical solutions are robust and high-quality.
- Partner with products, data, engineering and operations team to implement risk related processes and in risk mitigation.
- Contribute to build policy based risk management and governance framework in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in maths, statistics, financial engineering or any other quantitative field. Master's Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the financial risk management field with strong quantitative and technical background.
- Knowledge of traded assets and derivatives including futures, options, structured products and their risk characteristics.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of data processing and analysis technologies (BI packages, Python or similar).
- Proactive attitude and problem solving skills.
- CFA, FRM, PRM designations
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.