Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- You work closely with the clinical program design teams to design and develop the reporting requirements and prototypes to measure the operation they are building. ie, what do they need to measure, where, when to ensure that the right KPIs are built, produced, and in a form that can be consumed by the operations
- You think critically about data, and thrive in turning data into insight and subsequently into action
- You are forward thinking and can bounce between understanding data requirements and architecture to deriving and producing useful operational and performance dashboards
- You can translate data insights into meaningful business cases to tell stories that drive action
Requirements for the Role:
- We are seeking a data and reporting designer to design and build analytic solutions that will drive operations, measure our performance and demonstrate our value as a company.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative disciplines such as Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Business
- You thrive in thinking critically, and you can make complex data simple, but you also see the complexity behind the simple
- 4+ years of professional experience with at least 2 years in business intelligence; developing metrics, dashboards and strong documentation, and providing support to business users
- You are a strong SQL programmer, with experience navigating and cleaning messy data at scale
- Possession of strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data; you enjoy fostering and delivering A/B testing
- You have experience presenting technical outputs or concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and set expectations with colleagues and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience with healthcare data (eg claims, EHR, HIE feeds, Pharmacy Benefits, etc) operational workflow management and standard clinical metrics and taxonomies (DRGs, total cost of care, HCC, etc)
- Are detail-oriented and organized, but able to see the big picture and the bottom line
- Experience developing and maintaining metrics and dashboards using BI tools like Looker/Tableau
How We Define Success:
- Complete, accurate dashboards that help our operations run
- On time, high quality delivery of assignments
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in our design and implementations
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience in Healthcare, Pharmacy, or Insurance Service analytics and operational planning
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.